Supermarket Vouchers for DFE Free School Meals Children for the Christmas Break
We will be issuing the vouchers for the Christmas Holidays to all families who are registered for FSM. The vouchers will amount to £15 per week per child. All children at St Paul’s are entitled to receive a free school dinner, which is an initiative unique to Southwark LA. This is totally different to having FSM status in line with the DFE criteria and it is only FSM children who are entitled to benefits such as the government supermarket vouchers or priority for device loans in the event of lockdown.
To be eligible for DfE FSM status you need to be in receipt of one of the benefits listed below:
- Income Support.
- Universal Credit – your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get).
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance or Income-related Employment and Support Allowance.
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999.
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit.
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more £16,190).
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
If you do meet any of the above criteria and you have not yet registered for FSM status then please complete the attached form and email the email@example.com.