What extra- curricular activities can my child participate in?
Children with special needs including those with Statements do attend after school clubs. The school provide a wide range of extra-curricular activities that are available for children who attend the school.
Please ask the office for a list of afterschool clubs.
We believe strongly that pupils with SEND should have equal access to school trips and extra-curricular activities.
We may support this by:
- Using a reduced, adapted or modified time-table
- Use of social stories, visuals.
- Regular contact & liaison with parents
- Transition meetings
- Risk assessments
- Team Around the Child (TAC) or Family (TAF) meetings
- Use of additional adults to support
- Considering support from the family