St Paul’s Primary School had a very special visitor today. We were joined in assembly by British Olympian Jo Mersh. Jo, who specialises in the 8oom has a monumental list of achievements including:
- GB International and Olympic 800m runner for 8 years
- Former British record holder in the 1000m
- World indoor Bronze medalist
- 2 times Commonwealth games finalist
- 1 time Olympic games finalist
- 1 time World Championships finalist
- 3 times World Championships semi finalist
- 1 time European Championships semi finalist
- London 2012 Olympics bid Ambassador
Jo started our day with us in assembly with an inspirational talk. She also showed us all that she has many other talents including an amazing singing voice! Jo thewn spent the rest of the morning visiting classes and talking to our children.
The aim of the assembly and workshops with a selection of classes throughout the day was to develop children’s dreams and aspirations, and to discuss how they can be achieved. Children were encouraged to ask questions and discuss potential barriers when striving to achieve great things and how to overcome them.
Jo has promised us that she will be back to see us again, which we are all looking forward to. We took some pictures of her class visits, which can be seen in the gallery below. Please click on the thumbnails for a larger view.